There are 2 different types of Folders in Files & Photos
1. Hub folders - which will be marked with this icon:
- Hub folders are created automatically when a Hub is created. To change the name of a Hub folder, you'll need to change the name of the Hub.
- Files and Photos in hubs can only be accessed by contacts who are members of the hub. Note: Organization Admins have access to all Hubs and Files&Photos.
- Only Hub Admins or Org Admins can add Files&Photos
2. "Regular Folders" - Any folder that is in your home directory with this icon:
- Regular folders are visible to anyone who can login to your MemberHub site.
- Only Organization Admins can create folders or add files to these folders.
Please note that Images and files attached to a message are stored in a folder titled Messaging Images that are exclusive to only Site administrators. While the file may appear to look like it is a public folder, only site administrators are able to see the folder.
Once you have created your hubs and folders, it's important to understand how to upload and share links for Files & Photos.
Storing Files & Photos -
- Files can be stored in Folders, Hub Folders, or directly in your Home folder.
- Files in Home or any "Regular folders" in Home can be accessed by all users with access to your MemberHub site. Additionally, these files will appear in the Recent Uploads section of the Dashboard to all Users.
- Any files uploaded in Hub folders will only be accessible to Organization Admins or Members of those hubs.
File Sharing Links - When you upload a file you may choose whether a shared link to the file is Public or Private.
- Choose False in the selection list and link that you share to the file will require the user to login to MemberHub and they will only have access to the file if they have access to the Hub/Folder in which it is stored.
- Choose True in the selection list and the link that you share will be publicly accessible without logging in to MemberHub.
- The Public setting can be changed after uploading the file by editing the File Properties.