Custom fields are a great way to collect additional information from your shoppers. If you need to know what size shirt or how to deliver an item, you can create custom fields for this information. Additionally, you can collect information about your Members. You may choose to create custom fields that you also want to save information in your contacts' profile data. Read below for how to define Custom Fields/Properties for your Products and Memberships.
Properties for Products and Memberships can be defined in 2 places.
1. Contacts Properties - See Create Contact Properties and Filters for details about configuring properties here.
2. When creating or editing your Products or Membership Items. Expand the Additional Fields section to see your options.
- You can use predefined properties such as Colors and Sizes, by clicking those buttons. You can further customize those, by editing the selection list items as appropriate. Scroll to bottom for details about editing selection list.
- To Add a Property that has already been created as a Contact Property, click Add Contact Property and select from available properties.
- To Create a New Property, Click Add Custom Option.
1. Be sure to give your field a meaningful Field Name as this will display in the store for your shoppers to fill in.
2. You can choose between these field types.
- Text Field - free entry text
- Select - You can create the options that will show in a selection list and your contacts or admins can select from the list. (This is the same field type as Dropdown in Contact Properties)
- Multiselect - Allows the shopper to select more than one item from a defined list.
3. If you want the data entered in the Custom Field to be saved in the shopper's MemberHub Profile, check the box for "Add Property to Contact".
How to Edit Multi Select or Selection List options:
- Type a value you want in your selection list in the Field Options Box. Then Click Add.
- Continue entering as many values as you want in your list.
- You can rearrange the order of the selection list by clicking on the and dragging and dropping into place.
- To Remove Options, click the 3 dots and select Remove Field.