Experiences such as raffles, sweepstakes, and auctions allow people to receive items in exchange for their donations. There may be times when a supporter is not eligible for the drawing or prefers to simply donate to the cause without receiving anything in return. We have provided an option to add this feature to your experience.
How to enable this option:
- Click My experiences in the left menu.
- If you have chosen a list view, click on the title of your experience. If you have chosen a grid view, click on the experience image.
- Click Edit Fundraiser*.
- Click on Checkout in the timeline at the top.
- Scroll down to find the box entitled Allow supporters to make general contributions.
- Click the toggle switch to enable it.
- Enter the date to stop accepting general donations.
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the page.
When enabled, this button option will appear after your list of component buttons.
Good To Know
This option is only available on experience types where donors are offered something in return for their contribution (ex. raffles, sweepstakes, auctions, and events).
You may edit the wording and order of buttons following this guide. How to customize the activity buttons on your experience page
* Note that the terminology on these buttons may be different according to the terminology that you’ve created for your experience.