Create beautiful newsletters - no design skills needed. Newsletters are formatted emails, usually sent on a rotational basis. You can group messages into campaigns, to create matching emails for a specific topic. For example, you may choose to use one campaign for your weekly newsletters, one for promoting membership sales, etc. To send a newsletter, please go to your communications tab on the left > create newsletters and click add message. Choose if you want the newsletter to be part of an existing campaign or a new campaign and then work your way down the screen, filling in all the steps.
If you're looking to send a quick message instead, you can do that from the View & Send Messages.
Creating a Newsletter
1. Navigate to Communications > Create Newsletters
This page will show you a chronological listing of all newsletters sent from your organization. If you prefer to see a listing of campaigns, click "View Campaigns" at the top left. There is no limit to the number of emails or campaigns you can create.
In either the email or experience view, you will see a list of newsletters, number of sends, opens, and click-through rates as well as a button to copy each email.
2. Click Add Message. You can also choose the copy option next to an existing newsletter. If you choose copy skip to step 3.
You will then be prompted to choose your campaign or to start a new one. This will create the campaign groupings described above.
Choose an existing campaign title from the list, to create another email that matches it.
Click Start a new campaign at the bottom of the list, to create a new email from scratch.
3. Recipients: On the next screen, If you do not wish to send this message to everyone on your site, choose change next to recipients. Enter the names of people you want to send the message to choose them from your contacts. Or use the options below the text box to send the message to a specific list, such as a hub, a role (such as only to members) or a saved filter that you have already created in your contacts. Click Next.
4. Subject: In the text box under subject, enter what you want the subject line of your message to be. Click next.
5. Template: Choose a template for the email you wish to create. You can browse lots of pre-created options which you can then edit for your organization. Or choose the basic option and completely create your own preferred design/layout. Click the template image to select it.
6. Customize your template. You can do so by clicking anywhere on the current template to edit that section. You can add new content blocks to the current layout by dragging any of the blocks from the right to the main section in the middle. Don't forget to click save at the top right of your template.
See this article for all you need to know about working with Templates
7. Schedule Send - If you wish to not have your message send immediately, but wish to schedule the send for a feature time or date, please slide this radio button to the right. Doing so will make a text box appear. Click in the box to bring up a calendar where you can choose the future day and time to send the message. Once you pick your date and time, click next.
Not ready to send the message at all yet? Save the newsletter as draft by clicking the save button at the top of the screen.
To cancel or edit a scheduled newsletter, view the saved draft and Click Cancel Send.
8. Your all set! Click the send button at the top right of the screen.
This button will say Save & Schedule if you have scheduled the button to send in the future or Send Now if you have not setup a scheduled send.
Don't forget to Share your Newsletter with our Share Settings.
Questions? Contact MemberHub Support.