Create beautiful newsletters - no design skills needed. You can group messages into Campaigns to create a coordinated set of individual email messages that can be sent over a period of time. For example, you may choose to use one campaign for your weekly newsletters, one for promoting membership sales, etc.
If you're looking to send a quick message instead, you can do that from the Messages options in the Communications Dashboard. See: Messages: Create & Send Messages
Only Site Admins will have access to Newsletters.
To begin sending newsletters, use the Link to the Communications module on the left menu.
Click on the Newsletters box to continue.
The default view will show you a chronological listing of all messages sent to your organization. If you prefer to see a listing of Campaigns, click "View Campaigns". There is no limit to the number of emails or campaigns you can create.
In either the email or campaign view, you will see a list of messages, information on sends, opens, and click-through rates.
To create a new message, you have several options:
- Click Add Message. You will then be prompted to choose your campaign or Start a new one. This will create the campaign groupings described above.
- Click Copy on a previous email. You'll begin with the content of the previous message and edit as needed.
- From View Campaigns, you can either start a New Campaign or Create a new message in an existing campaign.
The result of any of the above options will get you to a new message that will look similar to this:
1. Campaign Name:
- Here you can Name of the Campaign. Choose a name that will make sense for this grouping of emails to be reused for similar messages. Click Edit Name to change the name and Save to Save.
-Next you choose the recipients of the message. By default all contacts in your organization are selected, but you can filter by User, Role, and Hub affiliation.
- After you have chosen your filter options, you will see the Number of Recipients the message will go to. You can also Click on "# recipients" to view the list of names to confirm your email audience.
- Enter a Subject for your email message. This is the subject line of the email that will be sent. (The campaign name created above is not part of the email message)
See this article for all you need to know about working with Templates
5. Schedule Send
- To send your message you may either schedule your send at a future date or click Send Now.
- You may also save it as a draft by clicking Save.
6. Previous Campaign Messages
- If you are viewing a campaign, have previously sent messages from the campaign you are viewing, you will see a list of messages that have been sent previously.