MemberHub is releasing a brand new Newsletter feature in February 2021. We're rethinking the way you message your community. Now instead of sending messages from Hubs, your messages will be grouped together in Campaigns. Each campaign is a coordinated set of individual email messages that can be sent over a period of time. For example, you may choose to use one campaign for your weekly newsletters, one for promoting membership sales, etc.
If you're looking to send a quick message via Hubs, you can continue to use the legacy system for now. See: Messages: Create & Send Messages
To begin sending newsletters, navigate to the Communication Module from your Dashboard. Either Click Explore communications from the center of the Dashboard or use the Link to the Communications module on the left menu.
Note: As of Feb. 2021 there are 5 modules in the Communication Module. Newsletters links to the newly developed functionality. All other sections (Messages, Signups, Files, and Photos) will link back to your "Old" MemberHub site, where you can continue to use hubs features while we are working to incorporate new functionality into the new MemberHub site. Watch for in-app announcements and email updates to stay up-to-date as we release new features.
Click on the Newsletters box to continue.
In your Campaign View, you will see a list of Communications Campaigns. There is no limit to the number of Campaigns you can create. This list also includes the date of the last email sent from that campaign; cumulative information of sends, opens, and click-through rates; and links to easily share messages via social media.
You can send messages from existing campaigns by clicking on the Campaign from the list or Create a New Campaign using the Add Message Button. Either action will take you to a Similar View.
1. Campaign Name:
- Here you can Name of the Campaign. Choose a name that will make sense for this grouping of emails to be reused for similar messages. Click Edit Name to change the name and Save to Save.
-Next you choose the recipients of the message. By default all contacts in your organization are selected, but you can filter by User, Role, and Hub affiliation.
- After you have chosen your filter options, you will see the Number of Recipients the message will go to. You can also Click on "# recipients" to view the list of names to confirm your email audience.
- Enter a Subject for your email message. This is the subject line of the email that will be sent. (The campaign name created above is not part of the email message)
See this article for all you need to know about working with Templates
5. Schedule Send
- To send your message you may either schedule your send at a future date or click Send Now.
- Note: you may need to click Save to enable the Send Now button.
6. Message Sends
- If you have previously sent messages from the campaign you are viewing, you will see a list of messages that have been sent previously.