Create beautiful newsletters - no design skills needed. You can group messages into experiences to create a coordinated set of individual email messages that can be sent over a period of time. For example, you may choose to use one experience for your weekly newsletters, one for promoting membership sales, etc.
If you're looking to send a quick message instead, you can do that from the Messages options in the Communications Dashboard. See: Messages: Create & Send Messages
Only Site Admins will have access to Newsletters.
To begin sending newsletters, click the link Create Newsletters within the Communications menu.
The default view will show you a chronological listing of all messages sent to your organization. If you prefer to see a listing of experiences, click "View experiences". There is no limit to the number of emails or experiences you can create.
In either the email or experience view, you will see a list of messages, information on sends, opens, and click-through rates.
To create a new message, you have several options:
- Click Add Message. You will then be prompted to choose your experience or Start a new one. This will create the experience groupings described above.
- Click Copy on a previous email. You'll begin with the content of the previous message and edit as needed.
- From View experiences, you can either start a New experience or Create a new message in an existing experience.
The result of any of the above options will get you to a new message that will look similar to this:
1. experience Name:
Here you can Name of the experience. Choose a name that will make sense for this grouping of emails to be reused for similar messages. Click Edit Name to change the name and Save to Save.
After you have saved your message as a draft, you can click Preview to see a preview in your browser. The draft will be saved in your list of newsletters to return to at any time.
- Next you choose the recipients of the message. By default all contacts in your organization are selected, but you can filter by User, Role, and Hub affiliation. See more information about selecting recipients here.
- After you have chosen your filter options, you will see the Number of Recipients the message will go to. You can also Click on "# recipients" to view the list of names to confirm your email audience.
Enter a Subject for your email message. This is the subject line of the email that will be sent. (The experience name created above is not part of the email message)
See this article for all you need to know about working with Templates
6. Schedule Send
- To send your message you may either schedule your send at a future date or click Send Now.
- You may also save it as a draft by clicking Save.
**Note: To cancel or edit a scheduled newsletter, view the saved draft and Click Cancel Send.
6. Previous experience Messages
- If you are viewing a experience, have previously sent messages from the experience you are viewing, you will see a list of messages that have been sent previously.