The process to transition from WePay to stripe is as simple as opening a stripe account and closing your WePay account.
1. Opening a Stripe Account
- Beginning by logging into MemberHub and accessing Store Admin by clicking the button near your profile name in the upper-right corner.
- Click the green button on top to View the Upgraded Store.
- On your new store admin home page, click Set Up Now or Setup Payment Gateway (under Store Checklist), and then click connect on the pop-up.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to set up your account. Step by step instructions can be found here.
2. Update to This Version
- After setting up your Stripe account, click the green button to Update to This Version.
3. Cancel WePay*
- Login to WePay at www.wepay.com/login
- Click Settings on the left
- Click the blue close account button
- *Note: By closing the account you will lose access to all transaction history, reports, and information. It may be best to leave the account open for a few months so you keep access to these records. Or at least until you download the most up to date version of all the information before you click the close account button.
Congratulations! You have transferred your organization from WePay to Stripe!
If you have any questions, feel free to open a support request at email@example.com