Below are instructions to assign a new officer to your Stripe account at the end of the current officer's Term.
Please note: This would be best completed by the current officer listed on the account, with the new officer present, or with the new officers' help. If you can not work with the current account owner to get this completed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
To get started with transferring your account:
- Visit your Online store on the left, and click store settings
- Click View Express Dashboard under the 3 dots
Once viewing your Stripe Dashboard, there are several things you will want to update when a new officer is taking over.
- Click the Account Tab at the top of the screen and then the pencil icon on the Management and Ownership section
- Look for the profile information at the bottom of the Account Tab and click arrow to view and update the email and phone number for the account profile.
- Click the pencil icon to edit each field to be the new officer's information. When editing the email, you will receive a text message with a verification code and then another one once the email has been update. The new officer will then be able to edit the phone number to be their own since it will email a verification code to change the phone number. Once the phone number has been updated, the old officer will receive a text notification it has been changed. No further notifications will be sent to the old officer after this step.
- Look for and click the Remove as an Account Representative link at the bottom of the screen.
- On the Popup that appears, click remove as representative.
- Note: You will have 7 days to add a new representative before the account becomes disabled.
- Click Submit after remove as representative
- On the banner that appears, click Add
- Enter your new officer's Name and Email Address and click Add
- On the next page, fill in the details for your new officer:
- Job Title (Officer Position)
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Phone Number
- Last 4 digits of Social Security number
- Click Next on the bottom of the screen
- Click on the accounts tab - You will see the new person has been added.
- Click on the pencil icon next to any other old officers that are still on the account/ no longer should be on the account and click remove person on the bottom of the screen.
Congratulations - You have successfully transferred your stripe account to another officer!
Note: The team members section allows you to give access to other leaders without giving account ownership.