Learn more about how you can cancel and refund credit card transactions, donations, payments, purchases, and more.
It's easy to cancel and refund credit card transactions. This article will take you through the simple process.
Note: The instructions below only apply to transactions made by credit card via your MemberHub Store with Stripe.
Here's how to cancel and refund a transaction:
- Visit your online store
- Click the view orders button
3. Click the order number of the order you want to refund to be taken to the order details page
4. Click the blue refund button at the top of the screenshot
5. Complete! You will see a black box confirming the order has been refunded appears on the bottom of the screen for a few seconds.
Good to know:
- The customer will receive the full amount of the transaction.
- For items purchased via your MemberHub store, there is no cost to a refund. If your unit opted to cover processing fees, the fee's will go back to your unit. If they purchaser covered the fees, they will receive the full refund.
- For donations or purchases via MemberHub Fundraisers, the fees and/or tips from the original charge will not be returned to your organization.
- Partial refunds are not supported at this time. If you refund a transaction, it will cancel and refund the full amount of the transaction.
- After initiating the refund, it will take 5-10 business days for the refund to be reflected in the donor’s bank or credit card account.
- Any orders for MemberHub givebacks can't be refunded this way. Givebacks are generally non-refundable. Please direct your purchaser to contact MemberHub support to discuss terms for a refund.
- You must have the funds in your Stripe account at this time in order to make a refund. If you receive an "unable to reverse funds" error after clicking refund, you do not have the funds available. Please try again on Monday/Tuesday or refund via paper check.
- If you have any questions regarding the terms of a refund or the refund process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org