Find out how to add a live video stream to your fundraiser.
Livestreaming allows you to stream live video directly to your MemberHub campaign page. You can take any event virtual with live streaming, including galas, a-thons, events, sales, and raffle or sweepstakes drawings.
What are some ways I can use live streaming?
- Host live galas and events that showcase speakers, present awards, or provide live entertainment while viewers bid on auction items and enter your raffle simultaneously.
- Put on a-thons that stream live and generate interest from your donors, like your pushup-a-thon, spelling bee, or other contest!
- Hold raffle/sweepstakes drawings that capture viewers’ attention as you show the winners’ drawings in real-time.
- Host sales that walk your audience through the products available for sale and explain how their support will make a difference.
How can I engage my donors?
As you plan your event, consider adding an engagement element that will wow your donors. With live streaming, you can add:
- Trivia that allows donors to answer from home and see the results onscreen!
- Surveys that let everyone share their thoughts and opinions
- Featured donation amounts that encourage donors to give at a designated level
- Paddle raises that work as they do at live events: you share a need, and donors raise their paddle to give
- Fund-a-need to communicate with donors exactly how their gift will impact your goals ($50 will provide a backpack and school supplies for a child in our program to one year!)
- Spotlight an auction item, raffle prize, or sale item to build excitement (and up sales) just like they do on a QVC shopping program!
- Thank your donors on the spot and inspire more giving with the live donations feed!
Why should I add a live stream to my fundraiser?
- Reach a broader audience – Adding a virtual element to your in-person gathering makes it possible to engage donors who would not be able to attend an in-person event. Livestreaming allows anyone to get involved no matter where they are or what’s going on in their world!
- Engage donors and raise more money – Online attendees can donate, bid, enter, and have fun just like they could in person! Reaching a broader audience and using the engagement tools will provide highlighted opportunities for people to donate.
What features does live streaming have?
- Invite a crowd with the options to include more concurrent audience members without having to pay anything extra (up to 2 million)
- Create something collaborative with inspiring talks, energizing performances, and motivating “asks” with up to 25 presenters live on stage
- Boost audience engagement through live surveys and interactive trivia
- Build excitement (and upsell) by featuring prizes and items from any ongoing raffle, flash auction, or sale
- Host gated live streams for ticketholders only
- Thank donors as they give via the live comment feed
How many times can I live stream during my fundraiser?
There’s no limit to the number of times you can live stream during your fundraiser. Whether you want to go live several times across the span of a week to showcase auction items or off and on throughout a shorter time frame to share live entertainment and speakers, you’ll have easy access to live streaming engagement at any time!
Whenever you plan to go live, your campaign page will let donors know by email so they can get ready to enjoy the show!