Learn how to use PayPal as a payment option for donors who have a PayPal account.
When you set up your organization's payment processing options, you can enable PayPal as a means of payment. All donations made through PayPal will go directly to your organization’s PayPal account. You will, therefore, need a PayPal business account for your organization before you can set up this payment option. When you have a PayPal business account, you can simply link it under the Payment Processing section in the left menu.
While PayPal can be added as a payment option for donors, it cannot be the main payment method on a campaign. Instead, any donations not made through PayPal or by check will be processed by Stripe. This includes donations made by credit card.
Once you've linked your PayPal account to your organization, you'll need to manually enable it as a payment method for each fundraising campaign you create. Follow the simple steps below to accept PayPal payments for your fundraisers.
How to enable PayPal in Campaign Setup
- Go to my campaigns in the left menu.
- If you have chosen list view, click on the title of your campaign. If you have chosen grid view, click on the campaign image.
- Click edit campaign*.
- Click on advanced options in the timeline at the top.
- Click on checkout options.
- Scroll down to the card entitled what payment methods do you want to accept?
- Check the box for PayPal.
Good to know!
- PayPal is not eligible on raffles, sweepstakes, auctions and a-thon campaigns when a donation based on activity performed is made. PayPal will not appear as an option in the checkout process for these occurrences.
Other articles you may find helpful:
*Note: Terminology on these buttons may be different according to the terminology that you’ve chosen for your campaign.