To further expand the outreach for your fundraiser, you might want to give an individual or business the ability to run a charity giveaway on your organization’s behalf. Learn how with the following guide.
Raffles and sweepstakes (also known as giveaways) are excellent ways to raise money for a cause. Yet, they do come with some legal requirements. Because of this, we do not allow individuals to run charity giveaways on MemberHub without first receiving permission from the organization for which they are raising money. This ensures the organization will always have complete oversight of the fundraiser.
If you've been contacted by an individual or business that wants to run a giveaway for your organization, we’ve made it easy to grant them permission while still ensuring you have complete oversight.
Follow the simple steps below to get started:
- Register your organization or group on MemberHub Fundraisers if you haven’t already. Check out this help article to learn how.
- Invite an individual or company to run a giveaway by adding them as an advocate on your account.
How to invite an individual or company to run a giveaway:
- Click users in the left menu.
- Click on actions and then click add advocate to enter their email address.
- Click invite to send them an invitation to set up and manage a charity giveaway for your organization.
Good to know:
- Once invited, the advocate will receive a link via email to get started. The advocate will not have access to your organization account or settings. They will only have access to the campaign setup menu to create and publish the fundraiser.
- You’ll be able to view, manage, or edit the fundraiser at any time. Feel free to reach out to your advocate(s) to suggest edits to the fundraiser or require specific terms to be listed.
- We encourage you to be aware of any local or state laws regarding raffles or sweepstakes to ensure that the fundraiser is compliant (learn more).