Learn more about how to send emails to individuals to join your team and help raise funds.
For any experience with peer-to-peer fundraising, registrants have the ability to invite others to join their team. Inviting other people to join your team allows them to take a role in raising funds for the cause, and will ultimately help to maximize the fundraiser’s outreach.
If you’re registering a team and would like to encourage others to join in your efforts, there are two ways to invite them: during the registration checkout process, or from your MemberHub account after the team has been registered. We’ll walk you through each option below.
Note: Both team and participant registrations need to be public registrations to invite people to join a team. Inviting participants is not available if team or participant registrations are private. (learn more)
- From the participant center on the experience, select the team registration.
- In the checkout process, you will see this card:
- Click add participant at the bottom of the box.
- Enter the email address of the person you are inviting.
- Click save.
You can enter as many emails as you would like to invite participants. Upon completing the registration process, individuals who have been invited will receive an email from MemberHub inviting them to join the experience as a member of your team. They can click on the link in the email to register as a participant on the team. In the participant registration process, your team name will be auto selected for them. After their registration is complete, they will receive an email with information about their personal fundraising page and how they can edit it.
Of course, you may find yourself wanting to invite additional members after you’ve registered your team. Creating new invites after your team has already been registered is simple with the following steps.
MemberHub Fundraisers account
- Click view my account or click on the circle in the upper right corner with your initials and then click my account.
- Click on the my teams tab.
- Click on the name of the team to bring up the team dashboard.
- Click on the participant tab.
- Click invite participant.
- Enter the emails of the participants you want to invite.
- When you have finished entering the emails, click invite to generate an email invitation to each person listed.
8. People registering from the email invitation will automatically be added to your team.
It’s also possible that some of the people you invited previously may be unable to find the original email invite. If you’ve already sent an invite and would like to check on its status or resend the invite, you can do so through your MemberHub Fundraising dashboard.
From the team dashboard, you can see who has accepted the invitation and joined your team, as pictured below.
- “Invited” means this person was invited, but they have not accepted the invite yet and joined the team
- “Joined” means they’ve accepted the invite in their email and completed the registration process for joining the team
Resend an invitation
- Hover over the name of the person and click on the 3-dot icon at the right of the line.
- Click resend invite.
- A green box will appear above the list of names to let you know that your email has successfully been sent.
Good to know:
- When registering a team, you will also need to register as a participant to be part of that team. Add both the team and participant registrations to the cart to complete this step in one checkout process.
- Each team registered will receive a peer-to-peer fundraising page that can be shared on social media or sent to family and friends. Whenever a donation is made to a participant of a team, that participant’s amount raised, as well as the team’s amount raised, will reflect the donation.
- The person who registered the team, as well as the experience organizer, will be able to access the team page and make any edits or changes to that page. Learn more