Learn how you can provide incentives to supporters for sharing your raffle or sweepstakes within their social networks.
Viral sharing is a feature that helps you attract new donors and increase donations by motivating your supporters to promote your campaign. As a reward for sharing and bringing new donors to your campaign, they can receive free bonus entries for themselves.
In this article, we'll give you an overview of how the feature works.
How viral sharing works
Viral Sharing involves two parties:
- The Promoter: the person who signs up to receive a referral link for your campaign, which they can then share
- The Donor: the person who signs up to receive a referral link for your campaign, which they can then share
When sharing rewards is enabled within your raffle or sweepstakes, a card will be shown on the confirmation email/receipt that the donor receives after giving. This card will contain a link where donors can sign up as promoters. Once they do so, they’ll receive their own unique sharing link and a dashboard for tracking their progress.
Get bonus entries
- The promoter gets bonus entries for sharing their link on social media.
- The promoter gets additional bonus entries when a donor buys entries using the promoter's unique link.
- The donor also gets bonus entries in addition to the entries they purchased.
- The promoter only receives bonus entries when donors enter the raffle or sweepstakes through that promoter’s special link.
Each promoter gets their own dashboard to track their progress and share out their link
As the organizer of a sweepstakes or raffle with viral sharing enabled, you'll get access to the following new reports in your campaign management area:
- View earned entries: See a list of all the bonus entries that have been issued to both promoters and donors.
View promoters: See a list of all promoters who have signed up to earn bonus entries.
How to turn on Viral Sharing
- Go to my campaigns in the left menu.
- If you have chosen list view, click on the title of your campaign. If you have chosen grid view, click on the campaign image.
- Go to the raffle or sweepstakes section of setup.
- Scroll down to the card that says, add viral sharing program to promote your drawing.
- Choose the options you want and enter the number of entries to award.
- Click more options to edit the viral sharing heading on your fundraiser page.
Click save at the bottom of the page.
Good to know:
- You can customize how many bonus entries are awarded for each of the three types of sharing discussed above. You'll see in campaign setup that we recommend a few values for you based on best practices, but you can change them as you like.
- Viral sharing is only available on drawings where entries are purchased for a chance to win any of the prizes listed. (learn more)
- Viral sharing can be enabled anytime on your campaign.