What is a domain name?
By default, your campaign will use the URL app.memberhub.gives
You can use a different URL for a specific campaign by setting up a custom domain, like donate.mycampaign.org or anything you'd like for that specific campaign.
This is different from your organization's account's custom domain. If you're looking instead to set up a custom domain for your organization's MemberHub.gives account completely and not just a specific campaign, read this article.
This is also different from adjusting your default subdomain for a campaign, for your organization on MemberHub Fundraisers, or adjusting your link for the participant center. All of these can be adjusted and custom branded to include your keyword or organization name.
- To adjust your default subdomain for a campaign go to My campaign > Edit campaign >Page Design > Look for the "personalize the link to your campaign page" card.
- To adjust the subdomain for your organization go to Branding > enable branding > Look for the "choose the type of domain to use for your campaigns" card.
- To adjust this for your participant center sharing link go to My campaign > Edit campaign >Particpant Center > Look for the "personalize the link to your participant center " card.
How to set up a custom domain for your campaign
Follow the steps below to set up a campaign with a custom domain.
1. Register a custom domain name
NOTE: If you already own a domain name that you’d like to use for your MemberHub.gives account, skip to step 3.
Below is a list of popular services for checking the availability of and registering your new domain name. Any of these websites will guide you through the process of finding a domain name that’s open for use, then registering your domain when you’ve found a name that is available. Pick one you'd like to use, register your custom domain name with them, and then move to step 2 when you're done.
2. Set up a URL forward
Once you have a registered domain, you’ll need to set up a URL forward. A URL forward makes it so that when someone types in your custom URL, it automatically forwards them to your MemberHub.gives campaign.
NOTE: You'll need to know your MemberHub.gives's campaign URL for the next step. If you don't know what your campaign URL is, just open your campaign page on MemberHub.gives and copy the link in your address bar.
We’ve compiled a list of help articles on how to set up a URL forward for popular domain hosting services:
If your domain provider isn't listed above, just do a Google search for "[domain provider name] domain forwarding" where you replace "[domain provider name]" with the name of your domain provider, such as GoDaddy or Name.com. You should be able to find an easy help article from their site on how to complete the process.
3. Verify that your campaign custom domain is working
Once you've completed step 2, you can verify that everything is working correctly by just typing in your custom domain into your browser's address bar and navigating to it.
If you see your MemberHub campaign page after doing so, you're all done!
If you aren't able to complete step 3, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you've correctly set up your URL forward to forward to your MemberHub campaign URL.
- Make sure you have the right campaign URL from MemberHub. Open your campaign page and copy the URL you see in your address bar to ensure there are no mistakes.