Find out how to add a Facebook pixel to your MemberHub experience to access valuable insights about who views and donates to your fundraisers.
If you already have a Facebook pixel that you would like to add to your experience pages, you can skip directly to the "Add the Facebook pixel" section of this article. Otherwise, follow the instructions below to learn how to create a Facebook ads account and a new Facebook pixel, which you can then incorporate into your MemberHub experience.
Before you begin
You will need to have a Business Manager in Facebook for your organization. This platform unlocks all of Facebook’s business tools, including marketing and advertising activities. If you do not already have a Facebook Business Manager, you can create one by following these instructions in the Facebook Help Center.
Create a Facebook ads account
Once you’ve set up a Facebook Business Manager for your organization, you can then create an ads account. This is a requirement for using a Facebook pixel. Follow these instructions to get started:
- Go to your Facebook Business Settings
- Click Login if you are not already logged in
- Click accounts, then click ad accounts.
- Click +Add.
- Choose create a new ad account.
Create a Facebook Pixel
Follow these instructions to create a Facebook pixel in your ad account:
- Go to the pixels tab of your Facebook Ads Manager.
- Click create a pixel.
- Click create in the box that appears to finish creating your pixel.
Add the Facebook Pixel
Now that you have a Facebook pixel, follow the instructions below to add it to your experience pages.
- Find the pixel ID for your Facebook pixel.
- In your MemberHub Fundraisers account, click integrations on the left menu.
- Find this box and click enable Facebook Pixel on your donor-facing pages.
4. Enter the pixel ID of your Facebook pixel.
5. Click save at the bottom of the page.
Facebook Pixel standard events
When a user takes certain actions while visiting your organization's experience pages (see examples below), the pixel will record the action as a “standard event.” Facebook will track and report standard event data to help you understand how your supporters interact with your experiences. You can learn more about Facebook pixel standard events in the Facebook Help Center.
The following actions are tracked as standard events after you’ve added a Facebook pixel to your organization's experiences:
- View content: This event is tracked when a visitor views a experience page, donation page, member center, team/member fundraising page, or your supporter center.
- Add to cart: This event is tracked when a user adds an item (e.g., event registration, sale item, raffle ticket, sweepstakes entry, etc.) to their cart from a experience page.
- Initiate checkout: This event is tracked when a user starts the checkout process from a experience page.
- Donate: This event is tracked when a user completes a transaction on one of your experiences.
With these insights, you can begin tailoring your experience activities to target the audiences most likely to view or donate to your fundraiser. No matter how much or how little you ultimately choose to use it, a Facebook pixel can be a useful tool for supporting the outreach and success of any experience.