WePay accounts get disabled for a few reasons:
1. First, the MPA was started, but never finished.
2. The bank account entered when setting up the account was invalid due to typos or wrong information used and the funds are unable to be deposited by WePay.
3. If WePay requested additional documents to verify your identity or PTA’s 501c3 status they were not provided and approved.
Don’t worry, all of these problems are easy fixes and it is very important that it is taken care of immediately. When your account is disabled a countdown starts to when WePay will refund all of the collected funds that have not been settled. Typically, the refunds happen in 30 calendar days.
Note: WePay emails the account owner twice daily to get the account in good standing. By the time the funds have been refunded the email the account was set-up under has been notified 60 plus times of actions needed and when the refund will take place.
To fix any of the above issues:
Head on over to the Admin Console > Store Admin> Merchant Processing Agreement page. You can scroll down to the Current WePay Account Information section to see who set-up the account and the email they used to set it up.
That person needs to login to www.wepay.com/login with the email listed on the MPA page. Once in the WePay dashboard there will be action items listed in blue banners at the top. Please complete those items to get your account back on track.
- If your account was disabled for abandoning set-up, follow the steps in the blue banner to finish the set-up.
- If your account was disabled for not having a valid settlement path, please follow the steps in the blue banner and add a valid bank account and triple check it is entered with no typos.
- If your account was disabled for not uploading documents or your documents not being approved please access the document upload banner by clicking the blue banner and upload the requested documents there. In the doc upload page there will be a list of acceptable documents you can upload to get the account in good standing.