The Membership Importer tool is free, live, and available at any time to state leaders in their PTA Manager account. Only State PTA offices can import a list of paid PTA members for their units into a unit's MemberHub Site. Using PTA Manager, state administrators can access unit details and upload a CSV file of member information. Upon successful upload of member records, the system will create membership records in that unit, resulting in an outstanding state dues remittance balance.
IMPORTANT: Before starting an import, please be sure that the email address you're logged into MemberHub with can be checked. The import results will be emailed to you.
To start a membership import
- Click on the PTA Manager button in the upper right
- Click the GoTo Unit button
- Search for the unit and select it from the popup
- Click the Import Members link on the right
- Read the instructions and click Download Template button
- Complete the downloaded CSV file with member data. A state office may have to ask a local unit officer to complete the spreadsheet with the data and submit the completed spreadsheet back to the state. The state administrator will have to make sure the final document is in a csv format with correct column titles and information complete.
- Upload the file complete file and click Run Import button
It’s important to read and understand the instructions listed under Step 1, of the downloaded template, before you complete your spreadsheet. You must adhere to certain data formats. In particular, you can’t add any additional columns with data in the spreadsheet.
Results will be Emailed
The import file will be queued up to run in a background task and once the import has completed the results will be emailed to the person who runs the import. For each new person and new membership the results will indicate that they were added.
If the import runs into any errors before it is able to start the process, you may see an error message with instructions.
If the import runs into any rows with erroneous or malformed data it will skip those rows and attempt to run to completion.