How to transfer your WePay account when you get a new treasurer
Important: If the merchant account owner is a generic email address for the organization, there is no need to transfer ownership when you get a new treasurer or responsible party, although the new treasurer should change the password upon taking office. WePay does not store personal information, including the original owner’s SSN, etc. from the KYC (know your customer) process, for non-profit accounts (as opposed to personal accounts).
If your merchant account owner is a personal email address, you will need to transfer email account ownership when responsibility changes hands. It is highly recommended to use a generic contact name and email address, along with the organization’s address and phone, to eliminate the need for additional transfers and updates in the future.
Follow the steps below to transfer email ownership and update account information.
1. Change the email address at WePay.com.
- Log in at WePay.com
- Select Security on the left.
- On the Identity tab, select Edit next to the email address.
- Enter the new email address and click Update.
2. Verify the new email address.
- Open the confirmation email from WePay to the new email address, and click Confirm your email.
3. Within 1 business day the accounts KYC information will be reset and you will be notified via email to login to your WePay account and provide the requested information. Please watch your email as not providing this info can cause your account to be disabled. Once the information is provided you are all set for the next year! If you run into issues you can access WePay Support from within your WePay dashboard. Live chat will go live July 1st to help with the transfer process.