How to update your WePay account when you get a new treasurer
Important: If your merchant account owner is a personal email address, you will need to transfer email account ownership when responsibility changes hands. If the merchant account owner is a generic email address for the organization/treasurer, there is no need to update the email address in WePay when you get a new treasurer, although the new treasurer should change the password upon taking office.
1. Change the email address at WePay.com.
- Log in at WePay.com
- Select Security on the left.
- On the Identity tab, select Edit next to the email address.
- Enter the new email address and click Update.
2. Verify the new email address.
- Open the confirmation email from WePay that was sent to the new email address, and click Confirm your email.
3. If a KYC reset is triggered, you will be notified via email to login to your WePay account and provide the requested information. Please watch your email as not providing this info can cause your account to be disabled. Once the information is provided you are all set for the next year! If you run into issues you can click here to submit a Support Request with WePay.