Note: Here's why selling PTA memberships in MemberHub makes total sense (hint: saves lots of time and money).
Follow these three steps to get started quickly in your school store, so you can say goodbye to tedious data entry and manually reporting member info to the state.
1. Get set up to take payments online.
Time to complete: A few minutes, if you have your PTA’s EIN and bank account info handy
This is the first thing you should do in your MemberHub account, so you can sell memberships and process payments online.
- In your Admin console, visit the Money tab.
- Select Merchant Processing Agreement.
- Follow these steps to complete the form. You’ll most likely get instant approval.
2. Make changes or additions to your PTA memberships in the store.
Time to complete: A couple minutes, or as long as you want! This depends on how many membership types you create.
- In your Admin console, go to the Store tab.
- Click Memberships.
- Here, you’ll see your standard state member types. They’re already posted in your store, so all you have to do is click Edit to adjust pricing and other details.
- You can also customize PTA membership types and pricing for your school store.
Once you set up memberships in your school store, you should add items like spiritwear, donations, event tickets, and fundraisers to get the most out of your store and provide the ultimate flexibility to parents.
3. Tell everyone in your school community!
Time to complete: This depends -- but with template drafts, all you need to do is finalize the content and send an email or post to social media.
Back-to-school night and the start of the new school year are great times to promote your PTA and your store to school families!