Follow these three steps to get started quickly in your school store, so you can say goodbye to tedious data entry and manually reporting member info to the state.
1. Get set up to take payments online.
Time to complete: A few minutes, if you have your PTA’s EIN and bank account info handy
This is the first thing you should do in your MemberHub account, so you can sell memberships and process payments online.
- In your Admin console, visit the Store Admin tab.
- Select Merchant Processing Agreement.
- Follow these steps to complete the form. You’ll most likely get instant approval.
2. Customize your PTA memberships & add items and donations to your store.
Time to complete: A couple minutes, or as long as you want! This depends on how many membership types you create and how many items you add.
- In your Admin console, go to the Store Admin tab.
- Click Memberships.
- Here, you’ll see your standard state member types. They’re already posted in your store, so all you have to do is click Edit to adjust pricing and other details.
- You can also customize PTA membership types and pricing for your school store.
- Once you set up memberships in your school store, you should add items like spiritwear, donations, event tickets, and no-fuss fundraisers to get the most out of your store and provide the ultimate flexibility to parents.
- Let shoppers name their price or donate any amount they choose (you set the minimum).
Note: Here's how to change your settings for payment processing fees -- you can pay them, or have your shoppers absorb the fees.
3. Tell everyone in your school community!
Time to complete: This depends -- but with template drafts, all you need to do is finalize the content and send an email or post to social media.
Back-to-school night and the start of the new school year are great times to promote your PTA and your store to school families!