Learn how to complete your agreement to take payments online. Here's what you need to know:
MemberHub partners with WePay, a Chase Bank-owned company, to process all payments.
WePay is a trusted platform to accept payments online. WePay handles payments for a variety of purposes, such as donation campaigns, online merchants, events, and more.
MemberHub is only integrated with WePay for payments processing.
All payments you take through MemberHub will be automatically routed to your PTA checking account, and all transactions will be reported inside your WePay PTA portal.
By law, WePay has to ask for your Social Security Number to make sure you are who you say you are, and that you’re authorized to act on behalf of an entity (your PTA).
Your SSN is for identity verification ONLY. This process is much like opening a bank account on behalf of your PTA at Chase. Chase is federally required to officially know someone connected to the account.
WePay doesn’t run credit checks, so inputting your SSN for this purpose won’t affect your credit score. Your taxes won’t be affected, either, as long as you input the correct name and Employer Identification Number (EIN) for your PTA in WePay.
When you start the payments application form in MemberHub, you’re actually on the WePay/Chase Bank site.
MemberHub doesn't have access to your data, so we don't store it and your privacy is tightly controlled. WePay keeps all the information you enter in WePay safe with bank-level security measures. Read more about the security WePay offers.
How to make sure WePay can verify your account information
If you got an email that says WePay couldn’t verify your tax identification number, update your account information using the link in the email.
- Double check that you correctly entered your tax identification number. Even a small typo can prevent WePay from verifying your information.
- If you're using your SSN, please make sure to enter your full legal name, which should match the information you provide to file your taxes.
How to transfer your WePay account when you get a new treasurer
- First, change the email address:
- Log in at https://home.wepay.com
- Select the Security tab on the left.
- Select the Edit tab next to the email address.
- Enter the new email address and click Update.
- The person taking over the account will not see the previous person’s personal information.
- Next, get the account transferred.
- The new email account owner will verify his or her email address.
- Then, fill out a request at https://support.wepay.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get the account transferred.
Here’s what to include:
Merchant Account Issue Review
Info to include
Account Transfer Request
- WePay and MemberHub fees are 3.5% + $0.50 per credit card payment.
- If you pay your state dues by eCheck (ACH), the cost is just $1 per transaction, no matter how much it is, which is great for larger payments. In many cases, $1 is less than a stamp, envelope, and your time to handle it. NOTE: At this time MemberHub allows eCheck for state dues payments only. eCheck cannot be used for transactions in the MemberHub store.
- There are no fees for cash or check payments.
You can choose who absorbs the fees in the store settings tab -- the PTA or the person paying. This setting is currently storewide and applies to all payments.