You'll need to complete an application to take payments online for PTA memberships and more.
Note: An authorized signer on your PTA's bank account will need to complete this step -- that's usually a current treasurer or president. You'll also need your PTA's EIN and bank account information handy.
MemberHub uses WePay, a Chase Bank-owned company, for payment processing.
Completing your application (called a merchant processing agreement) is much like opening a bank account on behalf of your PTA at Chase. By law, Chase has to officially know someone connected to the account. One PTA officer (like a current officer or treasurer) will need to provide his or her SSN (for identity verification ONLY), plus the PTA's EIN and bank account information. Providing your SSN for this purpose won't affect your credit score.
When you start the payments application form in MemberHub, you’re actually on the WePay/Chase Bank site.
MemberHub doesn't have access to your data, so we don't store it. WePay keeps all the information you enter in WePay safe with bank-level security measures.
How do the transaction fees work?
There is a 3.5% + $0.50 per-transaction fee for collecting credit card payments via WePay. There is a $1 flat fee for ACH/e-Check. You can choose who absorbs the fees in the store settings tab -- the PTA or the person paying.
If you run into any issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to complete your merchant processing agreement to take payments online
1. From the Admin Console click on the Money Tab.
2. Then click on Merchant Processing Agreement.
3. Click on Register for WePay Account.
4. Complete the sign up form in the pop up window.
5. Confirm your email - it's sent to the email address provided.
6. After you confirm your email, click Next.
7. Enter the Details of your nonprofit. Important: In the "Name of your nonprofit" field, the name of your organization must match your EIN to ensure application processing.
8.. Enter your information as authorized agent. You don't have to be the "Controller."
10. Enter your banking information and disbursement frequencies.