You'll need to complete an application to take payments online for PTA memberships and more.
Note: An authorized signer on your PTA's bank account will need to complete this step -- usually the current treasurer. You'll also need your PTA's EIN and bank account information handy.
View the WePay Fact Sheet for information about WePay, merchant accounts, and taking payments online through MemberHub. The total processing fees for MemberHub and WePay are 3.5% + $0.50 per order, which may be passed on to the purchased or covered by your PTA.
How to complete your merchant processing agreement to take payments online
1. From the Admin Console click on Store Admin > Merchant Processing Agreement.
2. Click on Register for WePay Account.
3. Complete the sign-up form in the WePay pop-up window.
- You may use a generic PTA Treasurer email address if you wish, but the first and last name that you input in the form should be that of the individual who will be managing/owning the WePay account.
- The login credentials for your WePay account are separate from your MemberHub login.
- If your organization already has a WePay account, click Log In.
- Read the Terms of Service and bookmark the link for future reference.
4. Confirm your email* (sent to the email address provided), and then click Next.
5. Enter the details of your nonprofit.
- Entity Type: Nonprofit; Incorporated.
- Industry Type: Education; Elementary and Secondary Schools (or Schools and Educational Services - Not Elsewhere Classified)
- "Legal Organization Name" must match your organization name on your EIN to ensure application processing without delays for additional information requests.
- Please be sure to use your PTA/school's address and phone number, as well as your PTA website. If you do not have a PTA website, use your state PTA website.
6. Verify your identity as an authorized agent*. You don't have to be the "Controller."
- The last 4 digits of your Social Security number are needed to verify your identity and confirm that you are authorized to act on behalf of your organization. To learn more, view this WePay help article.
7. Enter your banking information and disbursement frequencies*.
8. Click Finish
9. Watch for emails from WePay.
- WePay may need additional documentation, etc. and may send you an email to ask for them.
*Important Information from WePay's Terms of Service:
If you do not confirm your email address, then (a) fourteen (14) days after you accept your first payment, you will not be able to accept additional payments, and (b) thirty (30) days after you accept your first payment, the Bank will refund to your Purchasers all of the payments you have accepted. In addition, in order to settle the payments you have accepted to your bank account or other payment instrument, you must provide to WePay or the Platform identity and settlement information (such as your bank account details). If you do not provide identity and settlement information, then (a) thirty (30) days after you accept your first payment, you will not be able to accept additional payments, and (b) unless you provide identity and settlement information promptly, the Bank will refund to your Purchasers all of the payments you have accepted. Finally, if at any time WePay or the Platform is unable to verify that the identity information you provided is correct and up-to-date, then, unless you provide verifiable information promptly, (a) WePay will disable your Account so that you cannot accept additional payments, and (b) the Bank will refund to your Purchasers all of the payments that you have accepted but not settled. Neither the Bank, WePay nor the Platform will have any liability to you for your inability to accept payments or for refunds pursuant to this paragraph.