Within MemberHub, you can display your social media feeds for members to keep them informed without ever having to leave MemberHub.
The Facebook Page plugin and embedded Twitter feed let you easily promote your social channels inside of your MemberHub site. Just like on the sites themselves, people can like, share, or retweet without ever leaving MemberHub.
MemberHub allows you to embed your Facebook feed, so that your members can easily keep up with all the latest news from your group. Anyone with access to your site will then be able to click on the Facebook Feed link on your Dashboard to see all the latest news right within MemberHub.
To set up your Facebook feed, you'll need to go to the Page Plugin on Facebook. On the Plugin page, you will:
1. Enter the URL of your group's Facebook page
2. Click Get Code
3. Once the code pops up, be sure to click the iFrame option to get the correctly formatted code
4. Once you've copied the code, go to MemberHub > Admin Console > Settings > Dashboard Feeds and Links and paste the code in the box labeled, Paste Your Facebook Widget Code Here.
Note: For your Facebook Page feed to display on your dashboard, your page must be published and visible to everyone. The most common settings that may prevent your feed from displaying within the iframe on your MemberHub site are the Country Restrictions and Age Restrictions.
- The Facebook Page plugin only works for Facebook Pages -- Facebook Group Feeds and Profiles are not embeddable. Click here for Facebook's instructions to convert your Profile to a Page. A Group cannot be turned into a Page, but you can create a new Page and link your existing Group to it if you want.
Here is some more information from Facebook about visibility:
Only public content can be embedded. If the post, page, or url has any sort of privacy restrictions, it's not embeddable. This applies to the Like button, Page Plugin, and Embedded Posts and Videos.
A quick way to test if a specific piece of content is embeddable is to try and load it using your browser's "Incognito" or "Private" feature.
Just like with Facebook, you can also embed your Twitter feed into your MemberHub dashboard. Your school community can then view, like and retweet to their heart's content!
1. Go to the Twitter Publish page
2. Enter your group's Twitter handle and click the Arrow at the end of the line
3. Click Embedded Timeline
4. Click Copy Code
5. Return to MemberHub and go to Admin Console >> Settings >> Dashboard Feeds and Links
6. Paste the code into the box labeled, Paste Your Twitter Code Here under Twitter Timeline Feed