The messages feature in the communications module is meant to be used for easy communication with people in your organization. It is different from Newsletters in a few important ways:
- Only admins can access Newsletters, but Messages are available to almost everyone in your site.
- Emails sent via Messages will show the sender as the person who created the message.
- Emails sent via Messages are only accessible in MemberHub by the sender or recipient of the message.
1. To access Messages, navigate to the Communications Module and Click Messages.
Other ways to access messages will be described at the end of this article.
2. In the Messages main screen you will see a record of messages that you have received.
Note: You will receive a copy of all messages that you send regardless of whether you are explicitly in the recipient list.
3. To create a new message click the New Message button.
4. Select your recipients. Depending on your privileges in the site, you may be able to filter on Hubs, Roles, or Contacts. Use these available filters to create your list of recipients.
5. Enter a subject for your message.
6. Compose your message.
Type your message. Standard text editing tools are available. You can insert images and attach files easily.
7. You can save your message as a draft, Schedule a Send at a future date/time, or Send to send the message immediately.
8. After sending you have the option to also send a text message at the same time. You can edit the text as needed and Click Send Text to send. If you do not want to send a text message, just click Continue without Text Message. If you have a scheduled message, the text will be sent at the same time as the scheduled message.
Other ways you may access Messages
- Administrators with access to Manage Contacts can select a list of contacts and click the Envelope Icon to begin creating a message to the selected recipients.
- Contacts with access to the directory can Click on an email address to message a contact.
- Hub Administrators can select people from Hubs Contacts and click the Envelope Icon to email all contacts or only selected contacts within their hubs.