Each hub on your site will have different purposes and needs, so each hub comes with its own individual settings. There are many things you can adjust/edit in the settings. Below is a breakdown of the functions of each tab within the Hub Settings. You can find more detailed instructions on using each tab by clicking the Instructions link next to each tab name below.
To get to the hub settings, click on My Hubs on the upper left> Select the hub from the drop down > hub settings.
Click Admin Console > Hubs > Then select the gear at the end of the row with the hub you would like to edit.
Once you are in the settings section, you will see the following tabs:
General Settings Instructions for General Settings
On the General Settings tab, you can:
- Update your Hub Name
- Add or update the Parent Hub
- Indicate or change a grade level for a classroom hub
- Add the physical location of your hub, such as a room number.
- Modify your hub discussion board e-mail address
- Upload a custom logo for your hub.
Admins Instructions for Admins Tab
On the Admins tab, you can:
- Add and remove hub administrators
Note: Hub administrators have the ability to do everything the hub owner can do except change the owner of the hub. This means they even have the ability to add additional administrators as well.
On the Joins tab, you can:
- Configure the join settings for your hub
- Customize the description of your hub
- Indicate if you want this hub to be Open Joins or enable a joins page link specific to this hub.
- Edit the Joins Token (the code which appears in the joins link)
- Upload a Photo for the Joins Page
Permissions Instructions for Permissions Tab
On the Permissions tab, you can:
- Configure the access members have to different sections of a hub. You can choose if your hub members can:
Post Announcements and Discussions
Post and Edit/ Delete Events
Post and Delete Files, Images, Whiteboards & Signups
- View and Add people to the People Page
- You can also toggle off an entire function for the hub, by clicking Off
For example, if you would like for members to be able to invite other people to join the hub you can enable it on the Permissions tab. You can also turn entire sections off or limit access to administrators only. This is useful if you don’t need a calendar for a certain hub or if you only want hub administrators to be able to access the membership listing.
Profiles Instructions for Profiles Tab
On the Profiles tab, you can configure the field's all members are able to view on each other’s profiles or even if they are able to view profiles at all.
Personal Settings Instructions for Adjusting Your Personal Settings
On the Personal Settings tab, you can:
- Configure your personal notifications for a hub and calendar sharing preferences
- For notifications, you can select to be notified via e-mail about:
- New calendar events
- Calendar event reminders
- Discussion posts
- File uploads.
- For certain items, you can also select to be notified via text message.
- You will not see this tab if you aren't a member of the hub.
Note: If you are not a Hub Admin, then you will only see the Personal Settings tab. All of the other tabs are only available to hub admins.