When your site was created, past year PTA members provided to MemberHub by your state PTA were entered into the People tab.
Need to add additional people? There are a number of ways to add additional people to your site.
- Provide a link to your Site Joins page via email, paper, or text following the instructions found here.
- Add people with Email Addresses from your existing list or database following instructions found here.
- Add A Person manually in the People tab. There are a couple of ways to do this.
- Option 1: You can update settings in Admin Console > Settings > Features > Access to Allow people that join your PTA online to access your MemberHub site. So when people pay dues on your Dues Payment Page, they will automatically have a profile created for them on your site.
- Option 2: Add cash/check paying members in the Add Members page of the PTA tab and leave the box checked to Allow this person to join and access your MemberHub Site. *Instructions are in your state PTA Leaders section under Cash and Check Dues Payments.
- Option 3: You can use the Add Person button to manually add people into your MemberHub site.
To manually add a person click on Add Person on the right. Enter as much information as you can and click on Add Person at the bottom. This person now has a profile on your MemberHub site.
Note: The Add People button on the People tab is different than the Enter Members form in the PTA tab.
|The Add People button on the people tab gives you a way to add people to your MemberHub site but does not mark that person as a paid PTA member.||To Add people as paid Cash/Check members click Enter Members on the PTA Tab.|
In the People tab, you can:
- View a list of all members
- Search by Name or Email
- Filter by Status including by PTA Members
- Manage Tags
- Add A Person
- Print Directory
- Export People
- View Individuals or Families.
You will see the following icon if the person does not have an associated email address:
Once you select a person(s), the People Actions box will appear.
Clicking on it will give you the following options.
- Remove from Org inactivates the person's profile, this will not delete any associated transaction.
- Send a Message Allows you to message the person directly. Note: If you send a message this way it will not be stored in a hub and you will not have access to open stats.
- Printed Selected allows you to print the members selected on the list
- Edit tags will allow you to adjust what tags a person comes up under
- Add to Hub lets you add the selected person to a hub
- Make Site Admin grants the selected member admin access
To create and edit Families, click on a name in the people tab to access that individual's profile.
There is a section on the right that lists Family Members. Click the Edit link and you're taken to a screen where you can begin adding people to Person's family.
On The Family screen, click the Add Existing Person button and a dialog will pop up where you can type the name of a person already in your database that you wish to be grouped into the Anderson family. This list is actually filtered with the last name of the person's family you're editing.
Tip: You can even upload a family picture.
Alternatively, you can click the Add New Person button on the family view and it will create a new person record in your database and group them into that existing family.
Allow Members to Edit Their Own Family:
If you'd like to allow your members to edit their own family there is a feature setting that can be configured.
Go to the Admin Console, click on the Settings tab and then click on the Features link on the right. Then check the Allow everyone to add and edit family members.
Warning: Please be aware that when you give members the ability to edit their own family you then give them the ability to add new person records to your database.