Each site has a Main Calendar.
Here are some key points about it:
- Its purpose is two-fold. Not only does it serve as a combined calendar view, where members can see events from all their hub calendars in one place, but administrators can also add events to this calendar that are pertinent to the entire organization.
Main Calendar event reminders go to everyone in the organization
- Main Calendar events show up in BLACK
- Main Calendar events also appear on all hub calendars
- By default, only site administrators can add events to the Main Calendar
- By default, only members of a hub will see their hub events on the Main Calendar.
- However, there is also a checkbox when adding new events to a hub calendar that allows everyone in the organization to see a hub event on the Main Calendar. Check Show event on Main Calendar in the event details popup.
- For hub specific events, only members of the hub will receive the event notifications, but publishing the hub event to the Main Calendar helps members in the entire organization see that the event is taking place.