MemberHub 21 has more ways to categorize sort and filter your contacts. In this article, we will explain permissions and roles that exist within the site.
**Contacts can have an unlimited number of roles assigned to them as appropriate.
There are three types of roles.
1. Organization Level
These roles are relevant to your entire site (excluding fundraisers, which has a separate administrator setup.)
- Org admin - This role gives a user access to read, write, edit, create, and delete anywhere in your site. This includes the Store.
- Contact - This is the default role assigned when you add a "regular" person to your site.
- Student - Student is similar to a contact, but allows you to create a contact without email or phone number associated with the contact.
- Officer - This is only for PTA organizations that are part of a State PTA partnered with MemberHub. This allows you to easily identify officers within your contact database. (Note: In filter options, Officer is a generic role that includes all officer types. When you view an individual Contact's roles, they will be listed with the exact officer title). Officer role does not automatically give Admin or Store Admin access; those will need to be added separately.
- Store Admin - Provides read, write, edit, create, and delete for anything in the store module, but "normal" access to other modules in the site.
- Store Read-Only Access - This provides read-only access to view store reports and orders.
There are also a few roles that are automatically created by the system and cannot be added to contacts by administrators.
- Donors that make donations or purchases in a Fundraiser (via your memberhub.gives site) will be added to your database with the role of Donor.
- Shoppers who purchase items in your MemberHub Store will be added to your database with the role of Customer.
- Anyone who purchases a PTA membership through your store or is added as a PTA member manually in the Membership module will be given the role of Member.
2. Hub Level
Hub roles are much more simple.
- Hub admin - This role gives a user access to manage a Hub's settings, contacts, send messages to those contacts, create folders and share files within that hub's folder via Files & Photos, and invite members of their hub to events.
- Contact - This is the default role assigned when you add a "regular" person to a hub. See Hub settings to get a full description of what Hub Contacts can do.
- Student - Student is similar to a contact, but allows you to create a contact without email or phone number associated with the contact. If a student does not have an email address, they will not be able to log in to MemberHub and therefore will have no privileges. If they have an email, their privileges will be the same as a Contact.
- Teacher - This role has the same role as a Contact, but allows a way to define different roles.
- Room Parent - This role has the same role as a Contact, but allows a way to define different roles.
3. Family Level
For some organizations, it is helpful to have family groupings to better display in a directory. The roles in a family can be: