If you’d like to turn off the experience chatter feature on your fundraiser, it’s not a problem!
Before we jump into turning the experience chatter feature off, you may be wondering, what is experience chatter? In a nutshell, experience chatter allows your donors to leave a message on your fundraiser page after they donate. They can do things such as express their excitement about the cause or cheer on other participants. Our goal with experience chatter is to create a way for your donors to engage more with your cause.
Now, you’re probably thinking – well, why would I want to turn that off? There are a few different reasons, such as:
- You plain, don’t like it, and that’s fine!
- You are worried that people will make inappropriate comments, and you would rather not manage that.
- You would like to keep your experience page cleaner without all the donor comments.
How to turn experience chatter off
- Click on My experiences in the left menu.
- If you have chosen a list view, click on the title of your experience. If you have selected a grid view, click on the experience image.
- Click Edit experience*.
- Click Page Design in the timeline at the top.
- Scroll down until you see this box. Uncheck the box next to ‘Comments left by donors during checkout.’
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the page.
The good news is that you can disable the experience chatter feature at any time! So, if you decide you want donors to leave comments on your experience when you launch and then later choose not to allow it, you can easily go back and disable the feature.
Can I manage the comments myself?
If you don’t want to disable the experience chatter feature, you can manually monitor and edit the donor comments. Just keep in mind that you’d have to continually keep an eye on what’s being said on your page and know which comments need editing or removal.