A fund code is an optional identifier you can use on each fundraiser to “tag” every transaction in your reports for accounting purposes. Exported donation data will include the fund code for easy reference in your accounting system.
Organizations can use fund codes when the accounting department requires a code to recognize where a donation occurs. If you add a fund code to your campaign, the system will mark each donation with this code in your MemberHub and Stripe reports.
Fund codes will show on the exports from the ‘View Donations’ section of your campaign management page. You can pass this report on to your accounting department so they can manage the donation appropriately.
How to add a fund code
- Click My Campaigns in the left menu.
- If you have chosen list view, click on the title of your campaign. If you have selected grid view, click on the campaign image.
- Click Edit Campaign*.
- Click Advanced Options in the timeline at the top.
- Click Other Options.
- Check the box next to “Yes, add the following fund code to all transactions” and enter the code in the line at the right.
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the page.