MemberHub allows you to enable checks as a payment option for your donors. Find out how to enable this option and how it works below.
How to enable check payments
- Click on Experiences in the left menu.
- If you have chosen list view, click on the title of the experience. If you have chosen grid view, click on the experience image.
- Click Edit Experience*.
- Click Options in the timeline at the top and then click Checkout Options.
- Find the card titled, What payment methods do you want to accept?
- Select the box for Check.
- Add your check delivery instructions under the heading, Where should donors mail check donations?
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the page to apply your changes.
These check delivery instructions will display on your donors’ receipts when they pay by check. This will ensure that they know where to mail their check payment to reconcile it when you receive it.
How check payments work
- Your donor selects Check as their desired payment method in checkout.
- They’ll see instructions on their receipt for where to mail the check (based on the information you entered when setting up your fundraiser)
- Once you receive the check, you’ll reconcile it in MemberHub Fundraisers by marking it as Received (learn more)
Good to know
- For raffles and sweepstakes, donors won’t be issued their entry numbers until you mark their payment as “received” on the manage check donations page in your experience management menu.
- Check payments cannot be used on auction experiences or per unit of activity payments on A-thon experiences.
- The amount raised will update after you mark check payments as “received.” Check payments won’t be included in your amount raised until this step is completed.