What is MemberHub?
- MemberHub is an all-in-one communications platform that is used by PTA leaders and school families to enhance communications and increase volunteerism. Inside of MemberHub you can:
- Create an online school directory
- Schedule sign-ups,
- Share files
- Post photos
- Create a school wide newsletter
- Create and receive payments for dues and other school and PTA items
- Email and text everyone in the school or just one person
- Have a shared calendar for events with reminders that syncs with your calendar
- Create and manage classroom supply list through TeacherList.
How does the partnership work?
- The NCPTA has chosen MemberHub as its partner after much review and due diligence. MemberHub believes in PTA and improving student achievement through family engagement and has set up a free PTA Site for all 960+ NCPTA units. Each school will have its own unique site and each Principal will have access to it to send communications, announcements and other messages to all their school families.
What will be required of me?
- Nothing is required of the Principals as this product was procured through the PTA channel. However, the more it is used the greater the impact will be. To increase family engagement, ask your teachers to use the system when communicating with parents. It is easy and it will increase volunteerism and engagement levels and quickly build community within your school.
Will this conflict with District Provided tools?
- No. MemberHub wants to collaborate with school districts and allow them to use this platform to reach all the school families. MemberHub is actively seeking EdTech partnerships to aggregate more district level tools into MemberHub so parents have one single place to go and interact. Please have your district leaders contact MemberHub to learn how to integrate and simplify your parents’ life.
What are the fees to use MemberHub and how do they make money?
- MemberHub software is free to use for all users and they make money on small convenience fees on payment transactions, third party services and on sponsorship messages that are in PTA emails and PTA MemberHub websites.
How much are the credit card fees with MemberHub?
- MemberHub charges in total 3.9% plus $.50 per electronic PTA dues payment and 4.8% and $.50 per non-dues payment.
- Other services can charge up to 7% plus $.50 comparatively so MemberHub saves in fees over other services!
- There are no fees from MemberHub for cash or check receipts.
Who pays the fees with MemberHub?
- All convenience fee charges are paid by the payer, not out of the proceeds of the PTA. The PTA does NOT incur the cost of the convenience fees.
Who is the payment processor that MemberHub uses?
- MemberHub uses Heartland School Solutions (MySchoolBucks) to process all transactions. HSS is owned by Global Payments which is one of the world’s largest merchant services companies.
Do we have to use Heartland or can we use other online payment systems?
- MemberHub is only integrated with Heartland. All payments through MemberHub will be routed to the PTA checking account automatically and they have a robust reporting feature inside of the MemberHub portal for all transactions you originate. If you would like to create a school merchant account for other parent payments outside of PTA, please contact your PTA President or MemberHub to learn how.
- Heartland has robust features for schools including school lunch payments and school stores capabilities including a MSB Anywhere point of sale system that you can use as a cash register in your school for all events and items. We will be integrating features to include the ability to pay for school lunches if your school has MSB and create your school store inside MemberHub later in 2017. Be on the lookout for more information!
How do the sponsorships work?
- MemberHub is working with local and national sponsors who want to support schools and their communities. MemberHub wants to work with any and all sponsors that are interested. 15% of all monies that MemberHub raises through sponsorships comes back to your school! Be on the lookout for more info.
Where will the sponsor messages be seen?
- Sponsor messages will be at the top and bottom of emails, inside the MemberHub site and on the IPhone and Android apps.
What if our school doesn’t want sponsorship messages?
- If your school wants to remove the sponsor messages entirely, then payment options exist for full use of MemberHub without sponsorships.
Can we get our own sponsors?
- YES! The best sponsors are your local school sponsors. We would love to collaborate with you and your local school sponsors if they want to be in your school communications. Touch base with our Community Engagement Team to learn more at, email@example.com or call 866-586-2080.
What sponsors are allowed/not allowed in the space?
- Per our agreement with the NCPTA, all content that is not in-line with PTA guidelines are restricted. Those include content with alcohol, tobacco, firearms or have political affiliations.
How does MemberHub Revenue Share?
- For sponsorships that MemberHub procures, revenue will be shared 15% with your PTA. Payment of that revenue will come from the NCPTA on a quarterly basis.
What training is provided by MemberHub?
- MemberHub will host a series of Webinars, Self -Guided Tutorials and then have a two-week period of 8:00-3:00pm call center support training by former PTA presidents that have used MemberHub. It is very easy to use and intuitive. Be on the lookout for the training times this spring.
Will my teachers be able to use it?
- Yes! Teachers have so many tools to communicate with parents now, that this could really simplify their life. However, they do not have to use it but we have found that the teachers and parents get the most benefit and greater involvement when they do. Many teachers love using MemberHub and find it is much easier than other parent communication systems.
As the Principal of the school, do I have to use it?
- No. However, MemberHub consolidates many features that parents have to get from multiple places into one system. This is a great method in which to communicate with your families and we have a built-in Twitter feed that could be your voice to all families.
How do we structure our school with MemberHub?
- Every school is a little different on how you set it up. We have an idea center that can help you think of ways to organize your school. Information on best practice setup tips will be included with your training.
What are the privacy settings?
- MemberHub is very secure and uses Amazon Web Services for its cloud infrastructure. Only people who are approved by you and your PTA school leadership can get into site. The PTA administrator will have complete admin control and can give control to you and only those you want including your staff. All personal information and notifications settings can be self-managed by each parent and you can be as public or private as you want as well as restrict all communication if needed.
How is this FERPA Compliant?
- Since each parent user “Opt’s-In” to be part of MemberHub, they can be part of the secure group and maintain compliance with FERPA standards.
How do we get all our families into the system?
- There are a number of simple ways to add users. You can send a custom join link out via email, paper or text. Add users manually or import an excel file of people. See the Joins Page in the PTA Admin console inside of MemberHub to learn more.
Is there an iPhone and Android app?
- YES! There is an Apple iOS and Android app. Go to the App store and download MemberHub for free!
What future features may be included in MemberHub?
- MemberHub is always looking improve the experience for our Principals, PTA Leaders, Teachers and Parents. We want to include new technology into our platform to make life easier for all our stakeholders. Some ideas include digital permission slip capabilities, GPS bus tracking, school stores are more. Send us ideas as well! You input is invaluable to the success of MemberHub and your school.
Who do I contact for questions?
- Please contact MemberHub Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-586-2080.