What is MemberHub?
- MemberHub is an all-in-one communications platform that is used by PTA leaders and school families to enhance communications and increase volunteerism. Inside of MemberHub you can:
- Create an online school directory
- Send newsletters
- Schedule volunteer signups
- Share files and photos
- Create and receive payments for dues and other PTA items
- Email and text everyone in the school or just one person
- Create, manage and purchase classroom supply list through TeacherLists.
- Have a shared calendar for events with reminders that sync with your calendar
- Manage all PTA good standing requirements and officer changes.
How does the partnership work?
- The NCPTA has partnered with MemberHub after much review and due diligence. MemberHub believes in PTA and family engagement and has set up a free PTA Site for all 960+ NCPTA units. Each school will have its own unique site and all your 2016-2017 PTA members are already added!
What will be required of me?
- The only requirement you have will be to use MemberHub for managing your PTA members and good standing requirements. This portal will sync nightly with the NCPTA database and will replace uploading members and other functions.
- You will still use the NCPTA database for awards and other items but most of the functionality will now be run through your MemberHub PTA portal.
How will that change what I am doing now?
- The only change now will be that you can facilitate all school communications through one platform for both PTA administration and school communications reducing the admin burden of adding new members to the PTA.
Will I have to use MemberHub for all communication services?
- No. If you do not want to use MemberHub for all communication and payment services, then you do not have to. The only requirement is that you have to use MemberHub to upload officers, good standing requirements and add all your PTA members each year.
Is this tool only for PTA members?
- No. This tool is for all your families and teachers and principals. We want everyone to get involved, even your Non-Paid PTA members. BUT, we want to use this tool to GROW the PTA membership and increase your parent engagement.
What are the fees to use MemberHub and how do they make money?
- MemberHub software is free to use for all users and they make money on small convenience fees on payment transactions, third party services and on sponsorship messages that are on school emails and PTA MemberHub websites.
How much are the credit card fees with MemberHub?
- MemberHub charges in total 3.9% plus $.50 per electronic PTA dues payment and 4.8% and $.50 per non-dues payment.
- Similar services currently charge as much as 7% plus $.50 comparatively so MemberHub saves in fees over other services!
- There are no fees from MemberHub for Cash or Check receipts.
Who pays the fees with MemberHub?
- All convenience fee charges are paid by the payer, not out of the proceeds of the PTA. The PTA does NOT incur the cost of the convenience fees.
How are the PTA dues routed electronically?
- Upon electronic receipt of payment of any PTA dues, the portion that goes to the NCPTA is automatically routed to their account and the amount to your local PTA unit is routed to your checking account. The PTA member record is also updated real-time so sending checks to the NCPTA is a thing of the past when payments are received electronically!
Will the PTA Member still get a Membership card?
- Yes. Each paid member will get a Membership card automatically added to their user profile as well as an email receipt of their payment.
Who is the payment processor that MemberHub uses?
- MemberHub uses Heartland School Solutions (MySchoolBucks) to process all transactions. HSS is owned by Global Payments which is one of the world’s largest merchant services companies.
Do we have to use Heartland or can we use online payment platforms?
- MemberHub is only integrated with Heartland. All payments through MemberHub will be routed to your PTA checking account automatically and you will have a robust reporting feature inside your PTA portal for all transactions you originate.
- Heartland has robust features for schools including school lunch payments and schools stores including a MSB Anywhere point of sale system that you can use as a cash register in your school for all events and items. We will be integrating features to include the ability to pay for school lunches if your school has MSB and create your personal PTA school store inside MemberHub later in 2017. Be on the lookout for more information!
What reports will I see in the admin section?
- There are a number of reports that you will have access to inside of the PTA admin console including membership info, payment transactions and more.
Will this replace what I do within the NCPTA database?
- For the most part, yes. All officer updates, membership uploads, good standing requirement and acknowledgements will now be run through MemberHub. Awards and Reflections will still be run through the NCPTA database.
How do sponsorships work?
- MemberHub is working with local and national sponsors who want to support schools and their communities. 15% of all monies that MemberHub raises through sponsorships comes back to your school! Be on the lookout for more info.
Where will the sponsor messages be seen?
- Sponsor Messages will be at the top and bottom of emails, inside the MemberHub site and on the iPhone and Android apps.
What if our school doesn’t want sponsorship messages?
- If your school wants to remove the sponsor messages entirely, then payment options exist for full use of MemberHub without sponsorships.
Can we get our own sponsors?
- YES! We would love to collaborate with you and your sponsors if they want to be in your school communications. Touch base with our Community Engagement Team to learn more!Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What sponsors are allowed/not allowed in the space?
- Per our agreement with the NCPTA, all content that is not in-line with PTA guidelines are restricted, those include content with alcohol, tobacco, firearms or have political affiliations.
How does MemberHub Revenue Share?
- For sponsorships that MemberHub procures, revenue will be shared 15% with your PTA. Payment of that revenue will come from the NCPTA on a quarterly basis.
What training is provided by MemberHub?
- MemberHub will host a series of videos, webinars, self-guided tutorials and then have a two-week period of 8:00-3:00pm call center support training by former PTA presidents that have used MemberHub. It is very easy to use and intuitive. Be on the lookout for the training times this spring.
Will the teachers have to use it?
- No. Teachers do not have to use it but we have found that the teachers and parents get the most benefit and involvement when they do. Many teachers love using MemberHub and find it is much easier than similar classroom communication tools.
Will the Principals have to use it?
- No. Principals however can have a great method in which to communicate with families and we have a built in Twitter feed that could be their voice to all families.
How do we structure our school with MemberHub?
- Every school is a little different on how you set it up. Elementary, middle and high schools have very different needs when comes to communication levels. We are working on templates to help schools establish their hierarchy of hubs.
Are there privacy settings?
- Yes. Only people who are approved can get into the site. As a PTA administrator, you have complete admin control and can give control to only those you want. All personal information and notifications settings can be self-managed by each parent and you can be as public or private as you want.
How is this FERPA Compliant?
- Since each user “Opt’s-In” to be part of MemberHub, they can be part of the group and maintain compliance with FERPA standards.
How do we get all our families into the system?
- There are a number of simple ways to add users. You can provide a link to your Site Joins page via email, paper or text. Add users manually or import an excel file of people.
Is there an iPhone and Android app?
- YES! There is a Apple iOS and Android app. Go to the App store and download MemberHub for free!
What future features may be included in MemberHub?
- MemberHub is always looking to improve the experience for our PTA leaders and parents. We want to include new technology into our platform to make life easier to be a parent. Some ideas include school stores, permission slip capabilities and bus tracking. Send us ideas as well! Your input is invaluable to the success of MemberHub and your school.
How do I contact MemberHub folks?
- Please contact MemberHub Support at email@example.com.